I've got a bunch of stuff to share with you today. Here we go:
1. I've already told you that Marina Adair's Autumn in the Vineyard, from her St. Helena Vineyard series, will be a TV movie on the Hallmark channel on October 8. Now you can take a look at previews and behind-the-scenes footage.
2. And tied into that is our own Kate Allure, who is one of 18 authors who have all written novellas that are part of this whole process. Here's the link to her piece: https://www.facebook.com/
3. More news about Queen Sugar: 1st of all, we saw episode 5 last night. Joni nailed it when she said that this is very much like Nashville. In case you don't already know this, we love Nashville. If you're looking for something to watch, give this show a shot. It's on the OWN, but you have to start with #1. And as an added bonus, the Mercury News today, in its Weekend Extra section, has an interview with Rutina Wesley, who plays Nova. And who was Tara in True Blood.
4. Last night we had Martha Cooley, author of the June Lyons series, as our RBC author. Ice Shear is book 1, and we all liked it. Here are a couple of pics.
5. Last Sunday morning, Ann Bridges came to Recycle Books (and the Farmers Market) and signed her 2 published books, Private Offerings and Rare Mettle. Ann has been an RBC author and will be appearing at a new book club I am starting (more on that in a later post).
6. And, finally (for now), I just found out that Taylor Stevens,who writes the Vanessa Michael Munroe series (5 so far) has sold her film rights to James Cameron and Jon Landau through their company, Lightstorm Entertainment Even though oftentimes these things never actually materialize, it's still a pretty exciting and high-end group. And in case you don't know who Taylor is, I have written 6 posts through the years that have focused on her and some of the great info that she has shared on her blog. Here are the dates of my 6 posts - 8/8/13, 9/3/13, 10/7/13, 7/14/14, 9/11/15, and 3/13/16. She's got a lot of very interesting things to say about the literary world.
I think that will do it for now. Some pretty good stuff, wouldn't you agree?