Friday, September 27, 2013

Week #13 for Recommendations - And These Are Humdingers

I just said that to get your attention.  What can I really do to make the 13th straight week of recommendations exciting?  Not much.  But here they are anyway:

Marcia Lynn McClure, A Good-Lookin' Man, romance (big surprise, eh?) - BookHounds
Danny Seraphine, Street Player, My Chicago Store, memoir, drummer for Chicago -
   Bookish Ardour
Kristin Ludwig, Nulo:  A Little Bird with a Big Story, children's illustrated, true story -
   Under My Apple Tree
Jessica Toper, Louder Than Love, romantic suspense - BookHounds
Marlen Suyapa Bodden, The Wedding Gift, historical fiction, plantation life - Bookfan
   Silver's Reviews
Sara Pennypacker, Summer of the Gypsy Moths, middle grade - BermudaOnion
Richelle Mead, Last Sacrifice (#6, Vampire Academy - All the Books I Can Read
Todd Blackledge, Taste of the Town:  A Guided Tour of College Football's Best Places
   to Eat - Booking Mama
Tom Franklin, Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter - Joe Bolin (reader)
David A. Adler, Danny's Doodles:  The Jelly Bean Experiment, middle/elementary school
   fiction - Booking Mama
Rick Yancey, The 5th Wave, post-apocalyptic - Rhapsody in Books
Gene Luch Yang, American Born Chinese, YA fantasy - Bookish Ardour
Sherrill S. Cannon, The Magic Word, children's illustrated, rhymes - MazorBooks
Sue Grafton, W is for Wasted - Booking Mama
Connie Willis, The Best Connie Willis:  Award-Winning Stories, 10 science fiction short
   stories - Under My Apple Tree
Tim Winton, The Turning (2005), short stories - book'd out
Stephen King, Doctor Sleep (sequel to The Shining) - Bibliophile by the Sea
Elisa Nader, Escape from Eden, YA romance - Feed Your Fiction Addiction
John Searles, Help for the Haunted, part ghost story, part mystery, part coming-of-age
   Booking Mama
Alan Bradley, The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (#1, I read it and thought it was
   okay - for 1 book only), British mystery, 10-year old protagonist - Estella's Revenge
Carrie Cariello, What Color Is Monday:  How Autism Changed One Family For the Better
   - Stacy's Books
Karen Spears Zacharias, Mother Rain, novel of Appalachia - BermudaOnion
Rainbow Rowell, Attachments (1999), romance, cultural references - Tales of Whimsy
Jill Shalvis, Always on My Mind (Lucky Harbor series), romance - BookHounds
Robertson Davies, What's Bred in the Bone (volume 2) - Rose City Reader

And the winner this week is (drum roll, please) - Booking Mama, with 4.

NOTE:  Even posting 51 last week, I still had over 25 this week.  Crazy!

2 comments:

  1. I have Mother Rain sitting on my shelf and hope to read it soon, and I read Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter and liked it a lot. Happy weekend to you and Joni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have little or no time for random suggestions. You've got to rave about a book (like Ordinary Grace) before I'm going to buy it (at VHofB) and read it. I trust your judment, so just tell me when I have to buy/read something.
    Joni says hi.

    ReplyDelete