1. Peter Adler, who writes as A.R. Silverberry (his YA fantasy, Wyndano's Cloak, is a terrific read - for all ages and genders), decided that he wanted to interview me (you'll have to ask him why he thought this was a good idea!). Here is the link, in case you are interested: http://wp.me/p134Ni-BX.
2. As you all know, I belong to 3 book clubs. Here are the locations, dates, and books coming up this month:
Wednesday, August 12 - From Sleepy Lagoon to the Corner of the Cats, Steve Sporleder (Parthenia Hicks will be appearing on behalf of Steve) - 6:30-8:00 - Recycle Books, Campbell
Tuesday, August 18 - The Rosie Project, Graeme Simsion - 6:30-7:30 - Los Gatos Library
Tuesday, August 25 - The Diver's Clothes Lie Empty, Vendetta Vida - 7:00-8:00, Books, Inc., Palo Alto
3. Ellen Sussman, local author/writing teacher extraordinaire, has moved to Sonoma County and is conducting writing classes. Oh, did I mention that wine-tasting is part of the class itinerary? You can get more details by going to her website - ellensussman.com.
4. This Bingo game was on Kepler's FB page. How cool is this? Does anybody want to play with me? We're going for blackout.
5. If you go to mentalfloss.com, and enter "books" in the "Search the Site" space, you will see all kinds of very interesting book-related articles. Examples are: How Paperbacks Transformed the Way Americans Read; and 10 Great Kids Comics for Early Readers; and 13 Dead Game of Thrones TV Characters Who Are Still Alive in the Books. P.S. They've also got a whole bunch of interesting articles about subjects not related to books (I, obviously, don't care about those!).
6. There is no 6. I hope you enjoy 1-5.