The Silicon Valley Romance Writers of America is holding two multi-author holiday book signings at Barnes & Noble in San Jose. The first is at the Blossom Hill Store ~ Sun. December 3rd 5353 Almaden Expressway), with the authors: Marina Adair, Elisabeth Barrett, Gayle Parness, Noelle Greene, Nadine Mutas, and Marilyn Vix. The second is at the Stevens Creek Store ~ Sat. December 9th (3600 Stevens Creek Blvd), with these authors: Jenny Andersen, Heatherly Bell, Ava Bradley, Linda S. Gunther, Claire McEwen, and Sonja Rouillard/Kate Allure. It's also a fundraiser for SVRWA and 10% of sales of anything purchased go back to the chapter if you use our Voucher #: Bookfair ID 12259180. Plus we'll have members there wrapping presents for donations. So come out and meet some authors and do some holiday shopping at the same time!(
1. Books, Inc. has a warehouse sale on 12/9 from 9-4. Thousands of books will be available from 30-90% off. The warehouse is located at 1501 Vermont Street in San Francisco.
2. I know you're excited about John Hart's next book. It's called The Hush, and it comes out on 2/27/18. Get in line behind me.
3. Michael David Lukas, author of The Oracle of Stamboul, and RBC author, has a new book coming out in March, 2018, It's called The Last Watchman of Old Cairo. And it's darn good. Michael has agreed to come to the RBC next Fall. Can't wait.
4. This was recently posted by Kerry Lonsdale:
Last month, I had a wonderful dinner with my editors and agent where they presented me with the Diamond Quill Award, commemorating over one million readers across my three titles: Everything We Keep, All the Breaking Waves, and Everything We Left Behind. Considering the number of books on the market, for an author to reach several thousand readers, let alone, several hundred, is quite an achievement. But one million in such a short timeframe? Wow. Just wow. I owe it to you, my friend. Thank YOU for reading my stories.
5. Here is the most current RBC/book signing schedule:
Sunday, December 3, 9:30-12:30 - Book Signing - Maddy’s Game (contemporary fiction), Mike Lund
Saturday, December 9, RBC, 5:00 - Soulless (paranormal, steampunk), Gail Carriger
Wednesday, December 13, RBC - Own It (romance), Elisabeth Barrett
Sunday, December 17, 9:30-12:30 - Book Signing - The Illuminated Kingdom (Book 4 of The Voyages of the Legend - Middle-Grade, YA Fantasy), Alina Sayre
Sunday, January 14, 9:30-12:30 - Book Signing - The Druid’s Gift (fantasy romance), Dante Silva & Vanessa Mozes
* Sunday, January 14, RBC, 4:30 - The Dating Bender (romantic comedy), Christina Julian
Wednesday, January 24, RBC - Dark Associations (psychological thriller), Marie Sutro
Wednesday, February 21, RBC - Sweet Spot (ice cream memoir), Amy Ettinger
* Wednesday, March 14, RBC - Freedom Child (literary fiction), Chandra Lee Ingram
Wednesday, March 28, RBC - The Underground River (historical fiction), Martha Conway & The Last Billable Hour (murder mystery), Susan Wolfe
Wednesday, May 23, RBC - Silver Lies (historical mystery), Ann Parker