Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Authors I've Read Once - and Intend to Read Again

Thanks to a fellow blogger - Feed Your Fiction Addiction - I've got a 1st for my blog posts (you guys know that I have no original ideas of my own).  This is a list of authors that I have read once - but will definitely read again.  The only requirement for this list is that the author already has more than one published book.  There's no specific order, except that #'s 1-3 are my favorites.  And the list shows the author, the book I read, and the number of published books the author currently has.

1.    JoJo Moyes - Me Before You - 7

2.    Jonathan Tropper - This Is Where I Leave You - 8

3.    David Benioff - City of Thieves - 2

4.    Kate White - Eyes on You - 9

5.    Joseph Finder - Suspicion - 11

6.    Rachael Herron - Pack up the Moon - 8

7.    Steve Hamilton - The Lock Artist - 12

8.    Jennifer Weiner - Good in Bed - 10

9.    Helen Bryan - The Sisterhood - 3

10.  Garth Stein - The Art of Racing in the Rain - 5

11.  Nicole Mones - The Last Chinese Chef - 4

If 13 is called a baker's dozen, then what is 11 called?  10+1?  12-1?  10-ish?  In any case, hopefully you'll discover 1 or more new authors to add to your ever-increasing TBR pile.

2 comments:

  1. I had the pleasure of reading The Last Chinese Chef while traveling in China. I expected a light fluffy romance and got so much more. I passed the book along to another woman traveling with our tour group. 23 days later, most of the women in the group had read and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was also really surprised by the depth of it. I don't remember who recommended it to me, but I'm a little embarrassed that I haven't read her others - especially since I read Chef in 2009!

      Delete