Saturday, November 14, 2015

Big News for Our Own Local Author

Peter Adler, writing as A.R. Silverberry, has just received a big literary honor.  Peter has written one of my favorite fantasies, Wyndano's Cloak.  In fact, Peter was our RBC author this past July.  Well, Peter's 2nd book, The Stream, is the one that is a USA Best Book Award finalist in his category.  Take a look at Peter's latest post.

Hi Everyone!

Thrilling News! My second novel, The Stream, was honored as an Award-Winning Finalist in the 2015 USA Best Book Awards, in the category of Visionary Fiction. This marks the fifth honor bestowed on The Stream. USABookNews.com, sponsor of the contest, is a premier online magazine covering books from all sections of the publishing industry: mainstream, independent, and self-published. What made this award so sweet was that Random House, Tarcher/Penguin, HarperOne, WW Norton, Harper Collins, William Morrow, Crown Business, McGraw-Hill, John Wiley & Sons, American Cancer Society, The White House Historical Association, were among the houses honored in the contest! I’m still pinching myself!

Congratulations to all the Winners and Finalists!

In other news, I'm happy to report that book one of my sic-fi fantasy trilogy is in the hands of my beta readers. If all goes well, it’s one more draft, and then the book is off to my editors! I'll keep you posted about how it's progressing. My plan is to submit to agents for traditional publishing. Thousands of folks trying to squeeze through THAT door, but you never know!

Have a Happy Holiday!

A.R. Silverberry

P.S. Here's the link to my blog post, which includes links to a press release and the USA Book News pages for the contest:

Blog Post: http://www.arsilverberry.com/the-stream-a-usa-book-news-finalist




A REAL BILLIONAIRE:  You all know how much I enjoyed book 1 of the billionaire series, Breathless in Love (book 2, Reckless in Love, just came out this week), by Jennifer Skully and Bella Andre.  Well now we have a real live literary billionaire.  J.K. Rowling is the 1st person EVER to become a billionaire by writing.  Is that so cool?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for posting this, Lloyd. I had a super time meeting everyone at RBC in July! I'll keep everyone posted about that trilogy.

    Best Wishes,

    Peter

    ReplyDelete