Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Some Miscellaneous Stuff

GOOD NEWS!  I only have 3 little links (well, 2 links plus some googling) and 1 movie update for you.  What have you all done to get such preferential treatment from me?  Don't get used to it!  I promise to be wordier next time.

1.  My Goodreads friend (and tennis buddy), Pat, sent me a link to an article that his friend, Marsha Enright, wrote about James Clavell.  Some of you may know that Shogun is in my top 3 all-time.  Plus, I read, and liked, all of his other books, too.  Marsha's article is a review of each of Clavell's books along with some background info on the author himself. Compelling stuff.




2.  Here's a biggie - Amazon just opened its 1st brick and mortar bookstore yesterday.  It's in Seattle (which makes sense, since their headquarters are in Seattle).  But how they picked the books they put into the store is kind of interesting.

Amazon opening its first real bookstore — at U-Village

3.  Nicole Hughes, one of Kepler's main event planners, is moving out of the area in a couple of months.  So the store is posting a job vacancy for Nicole's position.  I can't seem to drag the link over here.  So google "kepler's jobs."  The 1st link that comes up is "Employment/Kepler's Books." Click on that, and it goes right to the job description.  Sorry for the 2-step.

MOVIE NEWS:  Did I mention that Me Before You is being made into a movie?  I think I did (but the memory is not stellar!).  Well, I just saw a date.  It's coming out next June!  And the 2 stars are (I probably already told you this, too) Sam Claflin (Hunger Games) and Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones).  Can't wait!  The last movie I saw that was based on a book that I had recently read was This Is Where I Leave You.  I loved the book and the movie.  Can Lightning strike twice?  We'll find out next June.

No comments:

Post a Comment