Saturday, February 6, 2016

Barry Eisler Launches The God's Eye View at Keplers

You already know what I thought of Barry Eisler's The God's Eye View.  I wrote a review of it on Jan. 29 and gave it a resounding 4/4 (can a book rating "resound?").  Well, last Tuesday night, Feb. 2, Barry actually had his launch for TGEV at Kepler's.  And not only did Barry speak, read, and answer questions.  But one of our favorites (and a former RBC author), Keith Raffel, introduced him.  It's always fun to have Keith around.  Between the 2 of them, it was truly a great evening.

Here are a few pictures from the event.  And, in case you haven't heard this ad nauseum from me, please read this book.  It's just so darn good.

Keith Raffel, introducing Barry

Barry giving his spiel (a little Yiddish for you)

Barry reading from The God's Eye View

Keith talking to a beautiful attendee while everybody else was queuing up for the book signing - oh, wait, that's Joni!

Barry signing books




4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you attended a wonderful event. And, you've convinced me to add the book to my list. Happy Sunday to you and Joni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I bet Eisler was happy to meet you - he left a comment for you on my blog (on my El Deafo post) and I hope you saw it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your blog but didn't see the comment. That's cool, though, that he made a comment!

      Delete