Monday, October 13, 2014

Recommendations for 2009 (and the cleverness never ends)

This is the penultimate (I love that word) year (2009) for recommendations - prior to the beginning of The Book Sage.  For this year, I've got 26 out of 60 to recommend.  In case you care, that's 43% of the total.  That kind of seems like a lot.  But here they are:

Lee Child - Die Trying - Jack Reacher #2
W.E.B. Griffin - Black Ops - Presidential Agent #5 - really like series
Richard North Patterson - Exile - this is excellent and is in my very 1st
     Fiction for the Non-Fiction Reader (FFTNFR, Vol. I)
Alex Berenson - The Silent Man - John Wells #3
Jodi Picoult - Handle with Care - just because it's Jodi
Lee Child - Trip Wire - Jack Reacher #3 - an enjoyable series, even
     though I stopped after 4 or 5
Harlen Coben - Long Lost - every one is good
Ann Patchett - The Magician's Assistant - only my 2nd one - like almost
     all of her stuff - Bel Canto is the best, except for the ending
Nicole Mones - The Last Chinese Chef - she also wrote the Lost in
     Translation, which was turned into a movie with Bill Murray and
     Scarlet Johanson
Tom Rob Smith - Child 44 - book 1 of a trilogy - also in my FFTNFR,
     Vol. I
Jodi Picoult - Plain Truth
Greg Iles - The Devil's Punchbowl - he and Coben are the best at what
     they do
Daniel Silva - The Defector - Gabriel Allon #9 - all good
David Rosenfelt - New Tricks - Andy Carpenter #7
Pat Conroy - South of Broad - 1 of my 2nd 12 all-time - the only book
     I've ever read where I felt personal loss when 1 of the central characters
     died
Nicholas Sparks - The Last Song - you know I like the sap
Dan Brown - The Lost Symbol - still haven't read his last one - sitting in
     my TBR pile                                            
Alex Kava - Black Friday - Maggie O'Dell #7
Terry Brooks - A Princess of Landover - don't read much fantasy, but this
     is a very entertaining series - Magic Kingdom of Landover #6
Vince Flynn - Pursuit of Honor - Mitch Rapp #12
Mitch Albom - Have a Little Faith - I like some more than others - I would
     recommend about 1/2 of them -
Stieg Larsson - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - I was reluctant to start
     this series, but I was wrong - this is book 1, and the whole trilogy was
     outstanding
Tom Rob Smith - The Secret Speech - Child 44 trilogy #2
Steve Berry - The Paris Vendetta - Cotton Malone #5
Steve Crichton - Pirate Latitudes - his last book - came out after Crichton
     passed away
Jodi Picoult - Harvesting the Heart

ONE MORE YEAR! (I see you all cheering!)


No comments:

Post a Comment