Here's a bunch of random stuff:
1. Vanessa Diffenbaugh will be at Book Passage in Corte Madera on Friday night, August 21, at 7:00. Since The Language of Flowers is one of my top 12 books ALL-TIME, I will definitely be there to see her and get her new book signed.
2. I finished book 5 of Jeffrey Archer's The Clifton Chronicles. I loved it. This is definitely one of my all-time (there are those words again!) favorite series.
3. Ken Follett (or his camp) has announced that his next book will be published in 2017. Although I haven't read book 3 yet of the Century Trilogy (it's near the top of my TBR pile), I will most assuredly be reading his new one. I have read every Follett and will continue to do so.
4. Wednesday, June 24, Betty Auchard, author of The Home for the Friendless (among a couple of others), will be the RBC author. Betty is a delight, and I can't wait for everybody to get a chance to ask her questions and hear her answers. Oh, and she will also be signing her book (there are still copies at Recycle).
5. A reminder that Meg Waite Clayton will be launching her new book, The Race for Paris, at Kepler's on Tuesday, August 11, which is the official pub date. Can't wait to be there. Meg is one of the most prominent nationally renowned authors living in the Bay Area. And she's darn nice, too. She and I both belong to the Books, Inc. 4th Tuesday Night Book Club in Palo Alto. And when she's there, she's just another contributing member. No airs at all.
6. Just found out that JoJo Moyes' Me Before You is going to be a movie soon. I am told that the girl who plays Khalesi on Game of Thrones (which I don't watch) will be starring in the movie. That's definitely one that I will see. If I recall (I actually looked it up), I gave MBY a 4/4.
7. I have read 100 of 400 pages in the new Bella Andre/Jennifer Skully series, Maverick Billionaires. I've read a number of Jennifer's books but have never ready any of Bella's. I have to say that they are really good together. I'm blubbering like on every other page. I think I may need some help!