Hello, all. I've got just a few brief (yeah, right) notes for you:
1. I saw today that Paula Hawkins, author of The Girl on the Train, is coming to Lafayette, CA on Saturday night, May 13, at 7:00. This is 1 of only 5 stops she's making throughout the U.S. She will be promoting her new book, Into the Water. If you are interested in attending, go to the website of either Orinda Books or Rakestraw Books for more details. They are co-hosting the event.
2. I'm looking for book recommendations to. If you have a rec for a book that you've recently read, how about sharing it with all of us? Just give it to us in the "reply" section.
3. And speaking of recommendations, I want to offer all of you the chance to be book bloggers. If you would like to do a guest blog, and IF you have something that would be of interest to our readers, let me know. You can email me directly at email@example.com. Warning: A committee of one will decide if it's worthy!
4. I will be setting up a book exchange to take place in late April. I was thinking either Wednesday, the 26th, or Thursday, the 27th, preceding Independent Bookstore Day, which is Saturday, the 29th. I'll give you more details in the next week or so.
5. If any of you who are not currently on the email list for the Recycle Book Club (RBC) would like to be added, let me know. Again, you can answer on the blog or simply email me.
6. In the next couple of days, I will be reviewing a fantasy called An Ember in the Ashes. It's a terrific book (thanks, Killian McRae), one that I will highly recommend.
7. Finally, and following up on the post I had a couple of weeks ago (2/20) about women's fiction, chick lit, et al - I want to set up an event that has a panel of authors, agents, publishers' reps, and literary aficionados to discuss the whole subject of "women's lit." As you know, it's a subject that I have very strong feelings about. If any of you have suggestions on how to make this work, or people to contact, let me know. Admittedly, this might be something that is beyond my ability to coordinate. For right now, I'm just putting it out there.