Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Miscellaneous...and an Anniversary

1.  I know you will all (some/few/none) be happy to know that today is my 8th blogging anniversary. It seems like only 7.5 years ago that I started The Book Sage!  Moving forward, I hope to be doing this for many years to come.  I mean, c'mon, what's better than reading and talking about books?

2.  The Illuminator's Test, book 2 in Alina Sayre's great series, The Voyages of the Legend, is now available in audiobook (Book 1, The Illuminator's Gift, is already in audiobook form).  The ages for the series is 9-14.  But, believe you me, these are good for any age.  And in case you don't already know this, I am WAY older than 14.

3.  Local author, and RBC alumnus, Meg Waite Clayton, has posted this announcement:
Based on a true story from the years just before WWII began, Meg Waite Clayton’s The Last Train to Londonpitched as a novel for readers of The Nightingale and All the Light We Cannot See—celebrates the efforts of a childless Dutchwoman who, against all odds, faces down Adolf Eichmann to rescue thousands of children from Nazi-occupied Vienna, including a young playwright and the gifted daughter of an anti-Nazi journalist. To Harper Collin’s Sara Nelson at auction in a major two-book deal by agent Marly Rusoff, for publication in November 2019 (W plus audio).

4.  Kimberly Belle's The Marriage Lie, which is really good, is coming to TV.  Here's a link to my review (if you are interested/care):  

The Marriage Lie, by Kimberly Belle


5.  Another local author, Gigi Pandian, has her series, Accidental Alchemist,  coming to TV.

6.  I just got this link today from Melissa.  Ken Follett is working on a prequel to Pillars of the Earth (1 of my top 3 all-time, along with Shogun and The Source).  Check it out:

https://www.bookbub.com/blog/2019/01/13/pillars-of-the-earth-prequel-ken-follett?source=facebook_share&fbclid=IwAR0_kae_VAfecA9DZ0y5nNGRkLLXIRcPr4w4KHBq38noPqKyiPvaRiOUWow

7.  Here is some VERY exciting news:

About this website
QZ.COM
This is the best time for indie booksellers in years.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Blogversary! I only started about a year before you did. I'm glad our paths eventually crossed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blogiversary! I knew ebooks would never take over print books.

    ReplyDelete