Thursday, February 28, 2019

BookBrowse Report

I've talked about BookBrowse, and its Publisher, CEO, and Founder, Davina Morgan-Witts.  BookBrowse is described as "Your one-stop resource - for books that entertain, engage and enlighten."  This is reason enough to go on their website - bookbrowse.com - and JOIN!

But that's not what this post is about.  BookBrowse has just published a 56-page report on book clubs.  It is incredibly interesting and very detailed.  This report addresses public and private book clubs.  Let me give you just a couple of tidbits from the report:

1.  84% of private and 90% of public book clubs spend at least 40 minutes discussing the book at meetings.  This dispels the theory that most book clubs get together just to schmooze, eat, and drink wine.
2.  The #1 issue for book clubs is Overly Dominant Personalities.  On page 25 of the report, there is a list of 12 "Common Book Club Issues," including percentages of concern for book club members.
3.  91% of the respondents like reading books they wouldn't otherwise read.  (RBC members, does this sound familiar?)

This is only a very small smattering of the hundreds of facts you will see in this outstanding report.  Go to bookbrowse.com to order your pdf copy.  It's normally $49, but it's only $29 if you order by March 10.  And if you want a print copy, you can get one for an additional $15.  If you are in a book club, this report will definitely enhance your experience.  If you aren't, you will still be mesmerized by the details.  DON'T DELAY!




3 comments:

  1. I'm sad to say my book club generally does NOT spend that much time talking about the book. I think there are too many non-readers in the group. I'm going to check Book Browse out now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love BookBrowse, but I hadn't read the report you mention here. Such fascinating results! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to take a look. I must have been in a book club that fell into the 20%. I gave up after a few months of gossip. So glad to hear that most clubs discuss books. Thanks, Lloyd!

    ReplyDelete