Saturday, February 9, 2019

Barry Eisler's Latest at Kepler's

Joni and I went to Kepler's Thursday night to see Barry Eisler launch his latest book, The Killer Collective.  He was his usual engaging self.

I think you all know that Barry was in the CIA for 3 years.  But did you know that :

1.  Barry started writing his 1st John Rain book in 1993 and got it published in 2002?
2.  he had his 1st launch at Kepler's with that John Rain book in 2002?
3.  Thursday night was his 15th launch at Kepler's?
4.  his latest, The Killer Collective, combines characters from all 3 of his series?
5.  14 of his 15 books are in those 3 series?
6.  the one stand-alone, The God's Eye View, is based on fact?
7.  Barry reads his own audiobooks and is a multiple award-winning narrator?  (If you don't believe me, just ask Barry!)

I have read and enjoyed all of Barry's books.  Subject to reading The Killer Collective, I think my favorite is that stand-alone, The God's Eye View.  The protagonist is a great character.  And, who knows, we might see him again some day!  Stay tuned.










1 comment:

  1. I read a few a long time ago and liked them. I won Taylor Stevens book giveaway last month and she sent me one of his that Jason is reading right now.

    ReplyDelete