Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Recycle Bookstore in Campbell - A Heck of a Good Place to Go

You all know that I spend a couple of hours most Sunday mornings in front of Recycle Bookstore, in Campbell.  I hang my shingle (actually a framed sheet of paper that sits on my table) that says The Book Sage is recommending books.  What you may not know, unless you've been there, is what an absolutely cool bookstore this is.  Everybody understands that they sell used books.  But a lot of people may not know that they also make sure to have new copies of the hottest books available - The Hunger Games, 50 Shades, Divergent - as well as a whole bunch of other talked-about books.  And they even discount them!

Stacy, the manager, and a veteran of book world, does a fantastic job of keeping the store stocked.  You want travel books?  There's a section for that.  Do you want metaphysical?  There's a bunch of those.  How about children's books - in foreign languages?  Yep.  And academia?  Definitely.  Since they are primarily a used book store, they may not always have the book you're looking for.  But, if not, then their knowledgeable staff - Nate, Kevin, Jason, Sarah, Lauren, Mark, to name the ones I know - will direct you to something comparable.

Stacy also makes sure that special requests are honored.  In fact, she's always got 1 or 2 copies of my top 12 on hand.  And if I tell them about another book that I think will sell well, they'll pick up a couple just to have in the store.  I know I'm special (my mother always told me so), but they will accommodate all of their customers.

What do you do if you have a bunch of books that you want to get rid of?  That's right. Take them to Recycle.  They will buy back books (either for cash or, in a larger amount, store credit) as long as they want/need them in the store.  They all know what books the store needs and how much cash/credit to give the customer.  If that sounds appealing to you, then you can bring your books in Tuesday-Saturday, from 11:00-5:00.  And store hours are Monday-Saturday, 11-9, and Sunday, 10-5.

Get on over there.  You'll be happy you did.  Oh, and if you come on Sunday anywhere between about 10:30 and 12:30, stop by and say hello.  I'll be the one in front of the store dying to talk books with you.








Bob, the cat, is actually the boss.  He sleeps wherever he wants, including just inside the window, with the sun shining on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment