So what is Bed & Breakfast & Bondage about? Do you really need to ask? Well, despite the somewhat obvious subject matter, it's actually very good and not so predictable. It's about a woman who comes to the wine country to open a combination bed and breakfast AND a BDSM dungeon (just think 50 Shades of Gray). Catriona (Cat) Fern Morrison migrates from Los Angeles, where she was very involved in acting (and enjoying) the role of a submissive to a man named Master Lynch. He loaned her money to build the facility in St. Helena and definitely has a hold on her. In fact, if she doesn't make timely payments on the loan, he has the right to take over management of the B&B.
Mason Steele is a plumber who is working for Cat. He becomes very involved in helping her get the place ready for inspection so that she can get open and start making payments to Lynch. I don't think I'm giving anything away when I tell you that Cat and Mason are attracted to each other. After all, this is a (erotic) romance.
I am not opposed to romances, erotic or otherwise. I mean it is my job as a blogger to read all different genres (was that convincing?). And, of course, I have read many romances over the last 5 1/2 years. Some of the authors even cross over from straight romance to erotic romance and back again (hello, Jasmine Haynes). But as I have said many times (ad nauseum, perhaps?), a good book is a good book, regardless of the genre. And Kate Allure is a very good author. So what did I like about BBB:
2. Very sexy but with strong characters.
3. Suspenseful where I was even worried about the bad guy.
4. Very sexy...did I say that already?
If you're in the mood for a novella, and you like (very) sexy romances, give Bed & Breakfast & Bondage a read. It's fun and entertaining.
1. I saw Barry Eisler last night at Kepler's. He launched his 11th book, Livia Lone. But equally as important, his next (and 9th) John Rain comes out in May. I will be one of the first in line for that one.
2. Stephen King has his 1st children's book coming out in November. It's called Charlie the Choo Choo and is based on his Dark Towers series. You might want to screen it before you give it to your young'uns.