Friday, July 12, 2013

Re-read Suggestions

Quite a few people came in with books that they've either re-read or intend to re-read.  Here are the books and the re-readers (with my comments for those that I have read):

John L. - Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card (very clever science fiction story and storyline)
               Neuromancer, William Gibson
               Aztec, Gary Jennings (well-written but didn't grab me)
               Under the Fifth Sun, Earl Shorris
               Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams (liked, didn't love, it)
Susan U. - The Stand, Stephen King (liked it a lot - very compelling)
Brian G. (for a friend) - The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress, Robert Heinlein
Julie D. - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, JK Rowling (liked them all)
Meredith S. - Good in Bed, Jennifer Weiner (I personally liked this book a lot)
Joni R. - The Glass Castle, Jeannette Walls (1 of my top 12 all-time)
Bev S. - Othello, Willy Shakespeare
              Cat's Eye, Margaret Atwood
              Restoration, Rose Tremain
Book'dout - Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte

If any others come in, I'll gather them up and report back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment