Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Betty Auchard, author of The Home for the Friendless, at VHOB Wednesday night, March 12

Okay, people, listen up.  Betty Auchard, who grew up in an "unconventional" family during The Depression and WWII, will be at VHOB tomorrow night (Wed.) at 7:00.  She will be talking about her book, The Home for the Friendless, mostly but will also touch on her other book, Dancing in My Nightgown:  The Rhythms of Widowhood.  Home is really terrific (I haven't read Dancing).  I would even call it The Glass Castle Light!  I, for one, am very anxious to see her tomorrow night.  Come on down.  I guarantee that you won't be disappointed.




2 comments:

  1. Oh, how I would love to be there! Would you do me a favor, Lloyd? I've never met Betty, but would you give her a hug from me?

    ReplyDelete