1. This Thursday, at VHOB, 7:00, we've got JD Horn coming. His debut novel is The Line. This is book #1 in the Witching Savannah series, a contemporary fantasy. I'm also happy to mention that his 2nd book, The Source, will be released June 3! Maybe he'll tell us about it. Maybe he'll even bring a copy of it for us to see. In the meantime, here is a very short blurb about the book and series:
Move over, Sookie Stackhouse—the witches of Savannah are the new talk of the South. Bold, flirty, and with a touch of darkness, debut author J.D. Horn spins a mesmerizing tale of a family of witches . . . and the problem that can arise from being so powerful. As Charlaine Harris’ series winds down—and as Deborah Harkness’ series heats up—Witching Savannah is new contemporary fantasy that will be sure to enchant new readers.
2. I just finished (today, in fact) Kate White's latest, eyes on you. It's her 9th novel and 13th book. It's also my 1st. I got it as an ARC from HarperCollins, and it's due to be released June 24. I have to tell you that this was really good. In fact, I put it up there with Harlen Coben for murder mysteries. I couldn't figure out whodunnit. I will do a full review in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, it's a 3.5. Get ready to pounce on this when it comes out. If you are a Coben fan (and who isn't?), you will be happy to read this.
3. We are in our 2nd book for The Twitter Book Club (TTBC). It's The House Girl, by Tara Conklin. Today completes our 1st week of the 4 that we take to read a book. Tomorrow, you can go to my Twitter page - @LloydRussell5, #booksage1 - and comment about what you've read so far. You are allowed to say anything you want about the 1st 1/4 of the book. Next Monday, you will be able to talk about the 1st 1/2 of the book, and so on.
4. Friday night was a launch party for Mike Degregorio and his semi-autobiographical book, Ditch Kids. It was a huge success. There were about 40 people there. You can go to my Facebook page for pictures. But here are 2.
5. And, finally, yesterday C. Lee McKenzie was at VHOB signing books. Her 2 YA's, as I just told you in my blog, are totally terrific - The Princess of Las Pulgas and Sliding on the Edge. Here are a couple of pictures from Lee's visit.
C. Lee on the left
That's it for now. At least that's all I can think of.