Friday, February 21, 2014

I'm Now Going to Stop Picking on James Patterson!


You all know that I haven't been very kind to James Patterson in previous posts.  Well, that all changes now.  Patterson is giving away a total of $1M to independent bookstores across the country.  The locals that are receiving grants are:

Bookshop Santa Cruz
Book Passage, Corte Madera
Hicklebee's, San Jose

In addition to that, he is supporting California Bookstore Day, which is May 3 and which features 93 bookstores.  If you want more information about that, go to cabookstoreday.com.

So, having said all that, here's a link to the article which explains what Patterson is doing. This is very cool.





3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful thing for him to do. Bless his generous heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not usually too kind when I talk of Patterson the author but now I'll have to be extra generous when I talk about Patterson the man. Very cool thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, and I agree with you.

    ReplyDelete