Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Announcements of Upcoming Events

There will be little discourse, snark, or humor in this email.  It is a cut and dried list of upcoming events that I think you will want know about (or be reminded of).  Here we go:

1.    Harlan Coben will be at Book Passage in Corte Madera on Friday night, March 25, at 7:00.  We will be going even though it's about a 2-hour drive there with Friday night traffic. I've already seen him on 3 other occasions, but I will NOT miss Harlan.  He's like a stand-up comic besides being one heckuva author.  And this is his only NorCal appearance.

2.    John Hart is also coming to Book Passage.  He will be there on Saturday afternoon, June 4, at 1:00.  I have never seen him, and I am a huge fan.  His 3rd and 4th books - The Last Child and Iron House - are both 4/4 for me and sit proudly on my rec table.  I am really excited to see him!  (He will also be at Copperfields in Santa Rosa on Friday night, the 3rd.)

3.   This Sunday, Litquake is happening at the JCC in Palo Alto, from 3:00-8:00.  As usual, there will be a bunch of big-name authors.  Here are just a few - Joyce Carol Oates (the keynoter), Daniel Handler (Lemony Snicket), and Joyce Maynard.  At the end of the event, there will be a social hour where we plebes get to meet and mix with the authors.  It's a very cool event.

4.    This is a good time to tell you about our scheduled RBC authors.  We're currently booked through June.  Here's the lineup:

Tuesday, March 29 - Cara Black, Murder on the Champ de Mars
Thursday, April 28 - Vanessa Diffenbaugh, The Language of Flowers (in my top 12 all-time!)
Wednesday, May 25 - Marina Adair, A Taste of Sugar
Wednesday, June 29 - Paulette Boudreaux, Mulberry

5.    We've also got 3 Sunday morning book signings lined up too.  The authors come from about 9:15-12:15 during the Farmer's Market.  Here they are:

May 1 - Paulette Boudreaux
May 22 - Betty Auchard
June 26 - Ruchi Rai

ONE NON-LITERARY NOTE:  Do you guys know about Cinequest?  USA Today readers picked this movie festival as the best in the country.  It goes from March 1-March 13.  There are tons of movies and a lot of post-movie visits from directors, producers, actors, etc.  Joni and I will be seeing at least 2 movies (maybe 3) this coming Saturday.  Can't wait!


6 comments:

  1. Oh how I'd love to meet Harlan Coben!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both Harlan Coben and John Hart are authors I'd love to meet too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll report back on John Hart (I already know about Harlan!). I can tell you that if you leave him a message on FB, that he responds. That's pretty impressive, I think.

      Delete
  3. Hi Lloyd,

    I've been in my writing cave, my editing cave, my "this is terrible writing" cave, so I haven't stopped in for a while.

    So much going on in our area. I'm impressed.

    Hope all is well and I'll see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have any news that I can post on my blog and social media, please let me know. And make sure that I get an early copy of your next book, whenever that comes out!

      Delete