Thursday, October 4, 2018

Powell's Bookstore - Portland, Oregon

If you have not been to Powell's Bookstore in Portland, Oregon, PUT IT ON YOUR BUCKET LIST!  I've got a bunch of pictures, but they don't do the store justice.  It covers an entire block, bordered by 4 streets!  There are about 10 different bookstores, all connected.  It's unbelievable.  As Joni said, it's The Book Louvre!

On 2 of the pictures, you will see 3 books behind glass.  These are all from the Rare Books Room.  And if you look close, you will see prices of $5,000, $5,000, and $8,000 (unfortunately, I cut off the $8,000 number). In addition, the employee in the room told me that they have a book from Lewis and Clark's expedition that is priced at $350,000!!! Unfortunately, they don't keep that one in the room.

Take a look and enjoy.

the front lobby of the store

25 books you must read - lobby

this speaks for itself - lobby

1 of the individual rooms

another one

and another...

and another

rare book in the Rare Book Room

and 2 more

2 comments:

  1. Portland is definitely on my bucket list of places I want to visit. Not only do I want to go to Powell's, I want to go to some of the breweries out there. Thanks for the peek into Powell's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son was there last month, and he said Powell’s is amazing.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete