Wednesday, February 10, 2021

A Review of Bad Love Beyond, Book 3 of the The Bad Love Series

This book combines a whole bunch of genres and cultural influences. Specifically, there is time travel, science, historical references, and music, to name just a few.  Let me give you the list of elements of the book that I enjoyed:

1.  A list of 31 popular songs from such a varied group of singers as
Neil Diamond, Led Zeppelin, Rod Stewart, The Beatles, and Carole
King.  It would be best to listen to them as they come up in the story
(unfortunately I didn't but wish I had).
2.  Tons of scientific facts about a whole variety of subjects, including 
dinosaurs, volcanos, musicians, monuments, celestial bodies, airplanes
and Zeppelins, and on and on.
3.  Great quotes at the beginning of each chapter.  Again, they range
from scientists (Carl Sagan) to musicians (Chuck Berry) to actors
(Mel Gibson) to Presidents (Abraham Lincoln) and event to fictional
characters (Jean-Luc Picard from Star Trek:  The Next Generation).
4.  Good writing - lots of very apt analogies and well-timed aphorisms.
5.  Cultural references - e.g. a detailed description of an Ali-Frazier fight.
6.  A closing scene that had me on the edge of my seat.

My only regret about reading Bad Love Beyond, #3, is that I didn't read 1 & 2 first.  It's not critical that you do so.  But I would have been able to get into Bad Love Beyond a little bit sooner.  Once I did connect though, it was full speed ahead!  Now I will be ready for #4, Bad Love Medicine.







  

No comments:

Post a Comment