Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Odds and Ends - aka "Stuff"

I've got a few interesting pieces of news for you guys:

1.  Ken Follett is coming out with a new book in November.  And this one will be a drama set in the
modern day.

2.  Michelle Obama's Becoming has just come out in a Young Reader's version.  The adult book is
too daunting for a young reader.  I saw some copies at Recycle this past Wednesday.  I'm pretty
sure it's going to be a big seller.

3.  The RBC just landed John Hart for May 26.  For those who have followed my blog through the
years (the 2 of you know who you are!), you are already aware that I have loved some of his books and have at least liked others.  There's only 1 that I didn't much care for.  Here are the titles and my ratings:

     The Last Child - 4/4
     Iron House - 4/4
     The King of Lies - 3/4
     Down River - 3/4
     Redemption Road - 3.75/4
     The Hush - 2.25/4

I haven't read his latest, The Unwilling, yet...but I will.  And we will be reading The Last Child for book club.

4.  And speaking of the RBC, Susan Meissner will be Zooming in on May 12.  And here's the exciting part of this news (other than the book is really good):  She will be showing us pictures of the 1906 San Francisco earthquake, both pre- and post-.  I've seen them, and they are very cool.

5.  I also want to mention that for those who are interested in seeing authors talk about how they got published, their writing process, whose books might be made into big/small screen movies, et al, then you might want to Zoom in to one of our meetings to see if you like it.  If you want to give it a try, email me at lloydrrussell@gmail.com, and I can give you more information.

6.  There is no number 6.

 
      

2 comments: