Friday, May 1, 2020

3 Very Different Topics

Greetings, all.  As the title so succinctly points out, I've got 3 unconnected (but still book-related) subjects for you.  Here they are:

1.  We were walking in our neighborhood this afternoon and saw a free library on the front lawn of somebody's home.  It's been a long time since I have run across one of these.  Isn't it cool?


2.  RBC member and author, Marianne Bickett, is 1 of 25 authors who has contributed to an anthology about the Coronavirus.  Here is a link on how to get an ebook or print book from the publisher: https://www.sunburypressstore.com/After-the-Pandemic-Visions-of-Life-Post-COVID-19-9781620067000.htm.

3.  And, finally, I've got a list for you.  It occurred to me that I'm always telling you about my 3.5 and up ratings.  But what about the 3.25s? Those are still very good books.  So, now, I've got the first of 3 lists of 3.25s.  This one is from 2017:

Mississipi Blood - Greg Iles
Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher
Everything We Left Behind - Kerry Lonsdale
House of Spies - Daniel Silva
Own It - Elisabeth Barrett
Love and Other Consolation Prizes - Jamie Ford
The School of Essential Ingredients - Erica Bauermeister
It Happens All the Time - Amy Hatvany
Sourdough - Robin Sloan
The Last Watchman of Cairo - Michael David Lukas
A Torch Against the Night - Sabaa Tahir

That's it, folks.




3 comments:

  1. I love the LFL! We have three in our town and I keep meaning to get to all of them and drop off a book. Have you watched the Thirteen Reasons Why series? I read the book and thought it was good but haven't been interested in the series yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little libraries are the only ones open at the moment! I take advantage of them on my walks these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Free Libraries are the best!

    ReplyDelete